Sustainability Institute Advisory Board
The Sustainability Institute's Advisory Board (SAB) is representative of the broader campus community, and its members are appointed by the President to serve 2-year, renewable terms. The President will request nominations from the faculty for faculty representatives. Serving primarily as advisory to the Institute director with regard to sustainability programming, both curricular and co-curricular, the SAB is chaired by a member of the faculty and its charge is to:
- Work in conjunction with the institute director and staff to establish an annual work plan for itself and the institute.
- Set the Institute's short and longer term goals and priorities in accordance with the University's strategic plan, adopted by the Board of Trustees in February 2013.
- Take a leadership role in developing ongoing academic and co-curricular programming that optimizes campus visibility and utilization of Zena, fostering ongoing research and educational opportunities at Zena for students and faculty across all schools and disciplines.
- Assist the Sustainability Executive Committee in the hiring and oversight of the Institute director and staff.
- Provide ongoing guidance, support and advice to the Institute Director in achieving desired outcomes, and utilize internal resources such as OFFRR to assist in the development of grant proposals.
- In conjunction with and facilitated by the Institute director, identify and monitor progress towards specific sustainability metrics that comport with broader objectives and expectations established in the strategic plan. The SAB, in conjunction with the Institute director, provides progress reports annually to the Sustainability Executive Committee and the President.
Advisory Board Members
- Joe Bowersox, Professor and Chair, Earth and Environmental Sciences (chair)
- Wendy Peterson Boring, Associate Professor, History
- Elliot Maltz, Professor, Atkinson Graduate School of Management
- Ann Kitchel, Assistant Professor of Law and Director of Law Library
- Jim Bauer, Vice President, Administrative Services
- Jan Gardner, Director, Facilities Management
- Adam Torgensen, Director, Media Relations
- Susan Chiapella, Budget & Accreditation Analyst, Atkinson Graduate School of Management
- Bryan Schmidt, Director, Campus Recreation
- Stephanie Aronson, undergraduate student representative (appointed by ASWU president)
- one graduate student representative (TBD)