You don't have to choose between athletics and academics
As a NCAA Division III program, we believe you should be able to commit to both. We give you the chance to compete in the sport you love while earning a top-notch education at a place that consistently ranks among the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
At Willamette, you can enhance your body and your mind. We will help you balance your hours in the gym and on the field with all the rich academic and co-curricular opportunities we offer. When they're not competing, you'll find our athletes researching at Zena Forest, leading campus organizations, studying abroad and performing in music ensembles.
We will help you make the most of your college experience and gain the skills you need to find success after graduation.
- Mascot: Blitz the Bearcat
- Participation: 25%
Accomplishments in the Past Decade
- Athletic All-Americans: 32 athletes earned 67 awards
- Northwest Conference team champions: 29
- Individual national champions: 2 athletes won 9 championships
- Academic All-Americans: 12 athletes earned 14 awards
- NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships, which provide athletes money for graduate school: 9 winners, 10 finalists
- NCAA Elite Awards, for athletes with the highest GPA at national championship events: 2
Nick Symmonds '06, Boise, Idaho: 800-meter runner who competed in the Beijing and London OlympicsStephanie Skelly '12, Poulsbo, Wash.: Academic All-American and NCAA Postgraduate ScholarJaela Dinsmore '12, Hines, Ore.: winner of the Elite 89 Award and a Fulbright Grant to teach English in ColombiaHeather Winslow '15, Oregon City, Ore.: all-conference softball player as a first-year student