All families interested in need-based financial aid may submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility for all need-based federal, state, and institutional funding.
- FAFSA priority filing deadline*: February 1
- Receive award notification by: April 1
*It is critical that you meet the priority filing deadline. Offers of financial aid will be mailed on a rolling basis after April 1 for students whose files complete beyond the priority filing deadline.
Please note that we cannot offer you any estimate of financial aid until you have been accepted for admission and your application for financial aid is complete and has been reviewed.
Early Action Applicants: If you are admitted Early Action and want to receive an early estimate of your need-based financial aid, you may submit the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE*. The Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility for all need-based federal, state, and institutional funding.
- CSS Profile filing deadline: December 1
- Receive award notification by: January 15.
*Use of the CSS Profile is optional. All families interested in need-based financial aid must submit a FAFSA by February 1, regardless of any prior CSS Profile filing.
The Financial Aid Award
Need-based financial aid packages typically include three types of funding: grants and/or scholarships, low interest rate student loans, and the opportunity for campus employment. You may accept all or a part of the package when you make your Enrollment Deposit. An award is not considered accepted unless you have paid the non-refundable Enrollment Deposit.
All candidates are expected to respond by the National Candidates’ Reply Date of May 1 or within two weeks of receiving admission or financial aid notification if either of these arrive after April 15.
Requesting Re-Evaluation of Your Financial Aid Award
If your financial aid award is insufficient you can request a re-evaluation of your aid eligibility.
To do so, please complete the Financial Aid Re-Evaluation Request Form, available on our forms page.
Early Action Admission Candidates:
- College Scholarship Service PROFILE submit by December 1.
- Willamette's CSS Code is 4954.
- This is for students wishing to receive a financial aid estimate before the standard April 1 notification date.
- The CSS PROFILE is not required by Willamette University.
Regular Decision Admission Candidates:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submit by February 1 (the College Scholarship Service PROFILE is not required for Regular Decision Candidates).
- Willamette's school code for the FAFSA is 003227.