As Executive Director of the NWGA, Kirschner works to foster understanding and informed decision-making on issues related to natural gas in the region. His duties include formulating and disseminating market intelligence, policy analysis and communicating the industry’s perspective.
Prior to the NWGA, Kirschner worked in the Washington State Legislature, for U.S. Senator Slade Gorton and at the Spokane Regional Chamber of Commerce. He adds an MBA to his policy and public affairs experience giving him a unique perspective on the intersection of public policy and business imperatives.
About the NWGA
The NWGA is a trade organization of the Pacific Northwest natural gas industry. It seeks to advance the safe, dependable and responsible use of natural gas as integral to the environmental, energy and economic future of the PNW. Its members include six natural gas utilities serving communities throughout Idaho, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, and four transmission pipelines that transport natural gas from production areas into and through the region.
NWGA members include:
- · Avista Utilities (www.avistacorp.com)
- · Cascade Natural Gas Corporation (www.cngc.com)
- · FortisBC Energy (www.fortisbc.com)
- · Intermountain Gas Company (www.intgas.com)
- · Kinder Morgan – Ruby Pipeline (Ruby Pipeline)
- · NW Natural (www.nwnatural.com)
- · Puget Sound Energy (www.pse.com)
- · Spectra Energy – BC Pipeline (www.spectraenergy.com
- · TransCanada – GTN System (www.gastransmissionnw.com)
- · Williams – NW Pipeline (www.northwest.williams.com)