Early Career/Career Change MBA Curricular Planning and Registration Guides
The Atkinson School's MBA curriculum and learning experience is designed to develop the tools needed for successful careers:
- a strong foundation in the fundamental principles of management - the knowledge you need to succeed in any management position.
- the integrated perspective of management necessary for managerial decision-making.
- an understanding of the important concepts of social responsibility, ethics and environmental stewardship.
- effective interpersonal, communication, leadership, networking, team and career management skills.
- resume building professional experience.
- in-depth knowledge in one or more career areas of your choice.
As an Atkinson student, you have the opportunity to choose from a variety of elective courses and build a curricular path that meets your goals. As you develop your curricular path, it is also important to be aware of your graduation requirements. In fact, every degree seeking student is responsible for a thorough knowledge of graduation requirements. Information about graduation requirements is available in the student handbook. You can track your progress toward graduation via your online graduation audit, and you can use the sample registration guides shown below to help you plan your program. If you have questions about your graduation requirements, graduation audit, curricular path or registration, be sure to contact Judy O'Neill or Karen Arthur.
The registration guides linked below are provided to help students in the various formats of the Early Career/Career Change MBA program plan their curricular path and registration for each semester of the MBA program. Be sure to click on the link that describes the program format in which you are enrolled (MBA, BA/MBA, JD/MBA). Although similar, the formats of the MBA program differ in regard to some graduation requirements.
- Early Career/Career Change MBA Registration Guide
- BA/MBA Registration Guide
- JD/MBA Registration Guide
Below are links for each area of interest in the formats of the Early Career/Career Change MBA program. Each link will take you to a web page that shows courses recommended by faculty for that specific area of interest. If you have questions about which courses you should take to meet your specific goals, you are always welcome to consult with the faculty, career management staff or Judy O'Neill.
Choosing Elective Courses
- Global Management
- Human Resources
- Operations, Analysis & Systems
- Organizational Analysis
- Public & Not-for-Profit Management
- Sustainability Management
Other Resources for Curricular Planning, Registration and Graduation Requirements
Your Schedule of Classes: https://secure.willamette.edu/services/admin.cgi/gradereport
Graduation Audit: https://secure.willamette.edu/services/admin.cgi/degreeaudit
Schedule of Classes: http://www.willamette.edu/agsm/for_students/full_time/course_schedules/index.html
Course Descriptions: http://www.willamette.edu/agsm/full-time/curriculum/course_descriptions/index.html