Accreditations, Memberships and Rankings
The Willamette MBA is accredited for Business Administration by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The full-time format of the Willamette MBA is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
Why does Willamette's combination of accreditation by AACSB International and NASPAA matter? Because in today’s world, private and public organizations must cooperate to solve the problems facing society. Managers of business and not-for-profit organizations must understand how government decisions influence their organizations. Public managers must understand the work of business and not-for profit enterprises, and the influence of government policies on these organizations. This perspective provides an important base for managerial decision making and prepares students for an array of career possibilities in both the private and public sectors.
As one of only two MBA programs in the world to achieve dual accreditation in both Business and Public Administration, Willamette provides the rare benefit of professional recognition and respect in all sectors.
Business Administration Accreditation - AACSB International
The Willamette MBA (full-time and evening formats) is accredited for business administration by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business . AACSB International accreditation assures program quality and promotes excellence and continuous improvement in undergraduate and graduate education for business administration world wide. Willamette's MBA is one of 448 accredited graduate programs throughout the world and one of only 43 accredited programs that focus solely on the master's level of study.
- The Value of an AACSB Accredited Education - (html)
- The Value of an AACSB Accredited Education - (flash)
Students may be eligible for induction into Beta Gamma Sigma, the business administration honor society for schools accredited by AACSB International, upon graduation if they meet certain academic requirements.
Public Administration Membership - NASPAA
The full-time formats of the Willamette MBA is accredited for public administration by NASPAA - the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
The mission of the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration's is to ensure excellence in education and training for public service and to promote the ideal of public service. NASPAA is the membership association of graduate programs in public administration, public policy and public affairs.
Students may be eligible for induction into Pi Alpha Alpha, the public administration honor society for schools accredited by NASPAA, upon graduation if they meet certain academic requirements.
Willamette University and College of Law Accreditations
Willamette University is fully accredited by NASC - the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. The Willamette University College of Law, which participates with the Atkinson School in offering the joint degree in management and law (MBA/JD), is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
Rankings and Recognition
- The only ranked program in Oregon on Forbes magazine's top 75 "Best Business Schools List" for return on investment.
- Ranked number 23 by the Aspen Institute's "Beyond Grey Pinstripes" survey recognizing MBA programs that integrate social, ethical and environmental stewardship issues throughout their curriculum. Ranked number 7 in the world for the "business impact" of our curriculum related to social, environmental, and or ethical issues.
- Ranked as one of the top 10 programs in the U.S. for entrepreneurship by Inc. magazine.
- Ranked as one of the top 15 Marketing programs by Princeton Review.
- One of only three programs in the Northwest to have been ranked as one of the nation's best business schools by Business Week and US News & World Report.
- Featured as one of the "best business schools" in Princeton Review's Best Business Schools books.
- Featured as one of the "best business schools" in the Vault.com Business School Buzz Book.
- Ranked 28th for the specialty of "Public Affairs, Public Finance and Budgeting" by U.S. News & World Reports.