Tuition, Fees, Health Insurance, Payment Plans
See your email from Jon Anderson, Willamette University Controller, for information about the billing process, electronic billing statements, etc. if you have any questions please contact Judy O'Neill at email@example.com or the Student Accounts office at (503) 375-5308.
The cost of tuition, the student body fee and the health center fee are paid on a semester basis with 50% of the annual cost paid fall semester (August) and 50% paid spring semester (January). Health insurance is also paid per semester, but is not split in two equal payments.
As mentioned in Jon's letter, you will be billed each semester for tuition, fees and incurred charges. When the billing is posted online, you will receive an email notification to your Willamette email address.
Bills for fall semester tuition and fees will be posted around July 15th. Payment for Fall Semester 2014 is due on August 25, 2014.
Bills for spring semester tuition and fees will be posted around December 15th. Payment for Spring Semester 2015 is due on January 19, 2015.
Additional information regarding the billing process and access to your electronic statement can be found at www.willamette.edu/dept/studentaccounts/info_bill/.
There are several ways to pay:
* You can access Willamette's online payment system and find instructions on how to make electronic payments at www.willamette.edu/dept/studentaccounts/billing/.
* You can pay by check through the mail or by coming to the Student Accounts window at Waller Hall. Make the check out to Willamette University and write your name and student ID number on the check. If paying by mail, mail the check to: Willamette University; Student Accounts Office; 900 State Street; Salem, Oregon 97301
* You can wire funds in U.S. dollars from your bank to Willamette University. Please contact the Student Account Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 503-375-5308, for wiring instructions.
* You may make a payment through peerTransfer. Willamette University partners with peerTransfer to save international students money on exchange rates and bank fees. For more information please see http://peertransfer.com/.
A Sample of Fall Semester Costs for Tuition and Fees
Your fall semester costs for tuition and fees will look similar to this.
Tuition for fall semester 2014 (15 credits) = $18,070
Student body fee for fall semester 2014 = $40
Student health center fee for fall semester 2014 = $50
Student health insurance for fall semester 2014 (see notes of explanation below):
* U.S. Students = $813
** International Students = $566
* Student Health Insurance for U.S. Students: The fall semester health insurance payment for U.S. students is $813. The spring semester payment for U.S. students covers spring and summer insurance and totals $1,065. The cost of student health insurance can be waived if you have comparable coverage. For complete information about health insurance coverage, costs and waiver procedures/policies for U.S. students visit http://www.willamette.edu/dept/health/insurance/domestic/index.html. U.S. students with comparable coverage may complete an online waiver between July 21, 2014 and September 15, 2014.
** Student Health Insurance for International Students: The fall semester health insurance payment for International students is $566. The spring semester payment for International students covers spring and summer insurance and totals $742. Information about coverage, costs, and waiver procedures/policies for international students is available at http://www.willamette.edu/dept/health/insurance/international/index.html and on the this pdf. International students work with the Office of International Education for all questions and processes related to purchasing health insurance and waiving health insurance, and should email email@example.com with all questions.. All international students must complete the "enroll or waiver form," regardless of whether you plan to enroll in the insurance program or waive the insurance plan (one form serves both needs). International students may complete an online waiver between July 21, 2014 and September 5, 2014.
Monthly Payment Plan
Willamette offers a deferred payment program through Tuition Management Systems (TMS), a third party service provider. This interest-free payment plan offers students a program through which educational expenses for the year can be spread out over 8, 10 or 12 months. This monthly payment plan option has a $75 application fee for the year. Under this plan you divide your net expenses for the entire year by 8, 10 or 12 to determine your monthly payment. Please call TMS at 1-800-722-4867 or visit their website at www.afford.com for more information.
Assistance with setting up your payment plan is available at the Willamette University Student Accounts Office. You may visit the office on the first floor of Waller Hall or contact them by telephone at (503) 370-6120 or (800) 338-9316. You may also email Kirk Rutledge, Student Accounts Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the payment of tuition and fees.
peerTransfer - Save Money on Exchange Rates and Bank Transfer Fees
Willamette University partners with peerTransfer to save international students money on the exchange rates and bank fees involved their payment processes. Using peerTransfer can save students up to $1,500 a year. peerTransfer also provides great 24 hour multi-lingual customer support (phone, email, Skype, and chat), quick service, and the opportunity to easily track your payment. Learn more about peerTransfer at http://peertransfer.com/ and see a comparison of the costs you will have from peerTransfer versus a typical bank. If you want to use peerTransfer you can access Willamette's page at https://peertransfer.com/school/willamette.