Preparing for the BA/MBA
Willamette students preparing to apply for the BA/MBA enroll in the College of Liberal Arts for their first three years at Willamette and complete at least 23 credits of CLA course work, including general education requirements and most courses required for their major. Students who transferred to CLA complete at least 15 credits at the CLA including general education requirements and most courses required for their major. The specific courses and number of CLA credits a student must complete to be eligible to apply to the BA/MBA program are determined by the student's CLA major department. However, students should have no more than one or two remaining senior level CLA courses to complete during their first year of study in the BA/MBA program.
Students who will meet the CLA eligibility requirements by the end of their junior year may apply for admission to the BA/MBA. The final deadline for submitting the BA/MBA application to Atkinson School is May 1st of the junior year.
BA/MBA Application Process
The first step in determining a student's eligibility to apply to the BA/MBA is decided by the student's CLA major advisor and/or department. Only students who will meet the CLA eligibility requirements for the BA/MBA program by the end of their junior year may apply for admission to the BA/MBA. In addition, students must have well-focused career interests in management.
Application to the BA/MBA program requires all of the following:
- Online Application Form
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Official GMAT or General GRE scores
- Essays as listed on the application form
- Two candidate evaluation forms or letters of reference
- Resume (included on the application form or sent separately via email)
- Letter from CLA advisor or department chairperson stating the student has met CLA requirements to complete the BA degree through the BA/MBA program, and listing all CLA courses to be completed during the senior year of study.
An interview is required as part of the applicant selection process. Applicants eligible for an interview will be invited to interview after
all or nearly all of the applicant's documents have been received.
Tuition, Scholarships and Loans for BA/MBA Students
- the BA/MBA tuition rate is the tuition rate of the Willamette Early Career/Career Change MBA program. The tuition rate of the MBA program is lower than the tuition rate of the College of Liberal Arts.
- BA/MBA applicants are automatically considered for Willamette Early Career/Career Change MBA merit-based scholarship programs. MBA scholarships are based on the applicant's credentials as a candidate for the MBA program (undergraduate performance, leadership, GMAT or GRE test scores, etc.) and in accordance with policies of the Willamette Early Career/Change MBA program. Students enrolled in the BA/MBA program will no longer receive undergraduate Willamette University scholarship or grants previously awarded from Willamette University.
- Federal direct educational loans for BA/MBA students are based on federal policies governing financial aid for graduate students. BA/MBA students who are a U.S. citizen or permanent residents are generally eligible to fully cover estimated living and educational expenses through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan programs. Loans are the most common source of financial assistance for MBA students throughout the United States, and make it possible for students to invest in a future of expanded career opportunities, increased career satisfaction and increased earning power.
BA/MBA Return on Investment
The BA/MBA program is a great investment in your future. Completing the BA/MBA program accelerates your career entry into professional positions, provides increased salary opportunities earlier in your career, and saves a year of educational and living expenses because you complete your BA and MBA degrees in just five years of education rather than six.
BA/MBA Fast Facts
- Jump start your career - start your MBA your senior year
- Use any WU major to prepare for your MBA
- Develop your knowledge and build your professional experience
- Prepare for careers in business, government or not-for-profit enterprises
- Complete your BA and MBA in just 5 years
Contact Us With Your Questions
We are available to help you explore Willamette University's BA/MBA program and answer your questions. Email email@example.com, call 503-370-6167 (toll free in the U.S. 866-MBA-AGSM), participate in our online chats, and visit us on campus.