Willamette University MBA is pleased to sponsor
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Willamette University Salem Campus, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Mudd Building, 900 State Street, Salem, OR
Knowing a competitor's strategies, in advance, can be the difference between success and failure, and yet most business owners, marketers, and sales teams are stretched too thin just "doing their job" to spend much time really analyzing the competition.
In this presentation Cascade Insights, a competitive intelligence firm, will walk you through 20 web-based tools, that anyone can use, to quickly get the kind of information on your competitors that you won't find through a simple Google search.
You'll learn fast and free ways to keep an eye on the competition that go way beyond Google:
* Determine if the competition has been hiring your people
* Monitor their site for changes, and spot new products, customer wins, etc.
* Monitor for all news related to the competitor
* Get information about private companies
* See what conferences they're participating in through speaking or expo space
* See if their job postings are exposing their future moves
* See how their messaging, positioning, and products have changed over time
* Get a sense for the morale and culture at a competitor
* Research their actual slide presentations on their products and positioning
Scott Swigart and Sean Campbell have decades of experience in the development of hardware and software technologies. They began their careers writing code, then progressed to delivering training and authoring books and articles on best practices in the technology industry.
Today they use their hands-on knowledge of technical details and their rich understanding of the tech field, from hardware to software, to deliver deep-dive competitive intelligence and qualitative market research for their clients. They advise established industry software leaders in the Fortune 500, as well as start-up or niche players.
Call 503.808.9901 with any questions. For more information on the Willamette University MBA for Professionals program, visit the program's website or contact Tina Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Hylton (email@example.com).
ATKINSON GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT - WILLAMETTE UNIVERSITY
900 State Street, Salem, Oregon 97301 : 503-370-6167 or toll free 1-866-MBA-AGSM : firstname.lastname@example.org
1120 NW Couch Street, Suite 450, Portland, Oregon 97209 : 503-808-9901 or 1-866-385-PMBA : email@example.com
Full-time MBA | Professional MBA | Executive Education | Employers & Corporate Partners | Alumni & Friends | Current Students
Equal Opportunity, Security and Student-Right-To-Know Policies
Willamette MBA Home | Willamette University Home
|Questions or comments? firstname.lastname@example.org||Page Last Updated: 10/22/2009 9:09 AM|