Willamette has been getting some less formal -- but no less exciting -- recognition lately. Denise's Director's Corner this month mentions one example (and it was international to boot!), and the image to the right represents another. These seven WU grads all received this year's Forty Under 40 award from the Portland Business Journal. Willamette is always well-represented among the winners, but this round was especially nice.
These Willamette alumni are:
- Kevin B. Dull JD/MBA’99, Kaiser Permanente Northwest
- Starla Goff JD’97, Smith Freed & Eberhard
- JoDee Keegan JD’97, Dunn Carney
- Christopher Magana JD/MBA’04, West Coast Trust
- Jared Short ’99, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
- Charles Turner MBA’01, Prudential Northwest Properties
- Russell Yost MBA’05, Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management
We're also gearing up for some key alumni events: the Nisei recognition April 1 and the ever-popular "You're Doing What With Your Degree?" taking place at the wonderful Oregon Zoo this year on May 19. If you haven't considered making a nomination for the "You're Doing What With Your Degree?" awards, now's the time. Make your submission via the online nomination form.
Also of note: Salem's next Science Pub features another Willamette professor, Michaela Kleinert of physics, who will talk to us March 8 and separate the science-fact from the science-fiction of "quantum coolness."
We wish all a happy start to the spring -- stay dry/thawed out there.