The WUAA is in the process of rolling out some exciting and very powerful social networking tools that will help alumni connect and engage with one another in all-new ways. Check out what's already been unveiled and what else is on the horizon as the WUAA continues to expand its reach to Bearcats all around the world.
Since officially launching on April 1, 2014, this exclusive online Willamette community has continued to grow and flourish. Unlike existing social media networks, which focus on profiles and past accomplishments, Switchboard meets our community's immediate needs by allowing people to connect directly - and just like the network itself, using it couldn't be simpler.
Ready to join our new WU network? Here's how to get started:
- Sign up your personal account. This takes less than a minute to do. Just provide the network with some basic info and you're in.
- Set your preferences once you are logged in. Adjust filters to display exactly what you are looking for and edit your profile so other users can connect with you.
- Plug in to our trusted community by posting "asks" and "offers." Switchboard allows you to get what you need and provide what you have, as well as respond to questions and inquiries posed by alumni, parents, students, faculty and staff.
- Set up alerts. This customizable feature will notify you when a particular "ask" or "offer" is posted that interests you.
- Spread the word and invite others to join! Our community will only get stronger and more useful as more people join, so be sure to use the Spread the Word button to send out email invites to friends. You can even use Facebook and Twitter to get more folks on board.
How can Switchboard help you? Check out this introductory video to our new networking tool: Welcome to Switchboard.
We know you are familiar with our online alumni directory, The Compass. Now, imagine carrying all of that information in your pocket! The Pocket Compass - powered by EverTrue - is a new app that allows alumni users to search the directory, visualize the Bearcat network through dynamic mapping and access WUAA social feeds on the go. This powerful networking tool is available for free download beginning June 3! Here's how to access The Pocket Compass:
- Download the EverTrue app from the iTunes or Google Play Store.
- When prompted, type in "Willamette."
- Authenticate with your email address. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org if we don't have your updated email.
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account to enhance your networking capabilities.
The app is intended to use business addresses only. Some personal email addresses will be visible for networking purposes. If you want specific information or your entire profile suppressed, simply send a request to email@example.com.
If you run into any technical issues with the app, or if information is not displaying correctly, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build professional relationships in an exciting new way! Join us monthly for these interactive online sessions and connect with fellow alumni from near and far. Whether you’re in the office, at the coffee shop, or already home from work, you won't want to miss these great opportunities to share career experience and industry knowledge, exchange career tips, build your network, and enjoy Bearcat camaraderie. These events typically take place during the lunch hour, so you don't even have to take time off!It’s Easy & Fun!
- Interact one-on-one with other alumni via real-time, eight-minute, instant-message chats.
- No need to travel! No parking fees! No need to decide what to wear!
- Just like a face-to-face networking setting, you’ll be at an event where people want to meet one another.