If you’re walking across Willamette’s campus, you’ll likely pass someone in gym clothes on the way to the Sparks Athletic Center. Sparks is a fundamental piece of the Willamette experience; it unites health and wellness with academics, athletics and the Salem community.
Sparks bustles with exercise science classes, varsity and intramural practices and contests, camps, clinics and community events. The facility provides offices for varsity coaches and Willamette’s award-winning exercise science faculty. Second only to Goudy Commons in foot traffic, more than 1,000 people per week visit Sparks to reinvigorate their bodies and minds.
Sparks Center currently hosts:
- 10 women’s varsity teams
- 10 men’s varsity teams
- More than 60 exercise science courses
- 18 intramural sports and 34 sport clubs
- Bearcat basketball and volleyball games
- Varsity swimming meets and community aquatics classes
- Summer camps for K–12 students