Track and Field | Monday, May 12, 2003
WU gets strong performances from individuals, relays
SEATTLE — Willamette’s track & field teams received strong performances from individuals and relays Saturday during the Ken Foreman Invitational at Husky Stadium.
The following are Bearcat highlights of the meet:
• Kasey Sorenson improved her NCAA provisional mark in the hammer by placing eighth with a throw of 152-7 — a new school record. Her previous season best and school record of 150-1 was set May 3 at the Linfield Invitational.
• Alicia Andrews improved her NCAA provisional time in the 800 by placing third in a time of 2:14.51, which is No. 4 all-time in WU history.
• The women’s 4x400 relay team of Lindsay Ogle, Roseann Kassebaum, Shannon McGrane and Alicia Andrews placed third in a time of 3:59.16, which ranks No. 3 all-time in WU history.
• The Willamette men’s 4x400 relay team of Brennan Garrelts, Brian Roesler, Thomas Everett and Jonas Welsch finished fourth in 3:17.60 (No. 3 all-time in WU history), just missing the NCAA Division III provisional time of 3:17.50.
• Marques Johnson and Zach Larsen went 1-2 in the high jump with identical marks of 6-6 3/4.
• Brian Roesler placed seventh in the 800 in a season best of 1:52.77, improving his previous NCAA Division III provisional time.