Women's Tennis | Friday, March 11, 2005
Bearcats Defeat Albertson 7-2
SALEM, OR — Allison Nunamaker, Hannah Johnson, Tiffany Kam and Alaine Anderson each won a single and a doubles match as the Willamette University women’s tennis team defeated Albertson College Friday afternoon in a non-conference match.
The Bearcats (5-2 overall, 2-2 Northwest Conference) swept through the doubles matches. Anderson and Kam teamed to win at No. 1 doubles, 8-2.
Susan Butler and Johnson took the No. 2 doubles match, 8-4. Melody Kerber and Nunamaker completed the sweep with an 8-2 win at No. 3 doubles.
After Butler and Kerber lost three-set matches at No. 1 and 2 singles, the Bearcats swept through the rest of the singles. Nunamaker, Johnson and Kam lost only five games total as each swept a two-set match.
Anderson battled to a tie-breaker win in her first set before closing out the match with a 7-6, 6-3 win.
The Bearcat are back in conference play tomorrow, taking on Linfield at home at 11 a.m.
1.A. Anderson/T Kam d. K. Webster/Blevins Willamette Score: 8-2
2.S. Butler/Johnson d. A. Moylan/K. Westerburg Willamette Score: 8-4
3.M. Kerber/Nunamker d. .K. Taylor/M. Armstrong Willamette score: 8-2
1. Susan Butler vs. Kyla Westerburg Winner: Albertson 6-1, 3-6, 6-1
2. Melody Kerber vs. Anna Moylan Albertson 6-2, 0-6, 6-0
3. Alison Nunamaker vs. Katie Webster Willamette 6-0, 6-1
4. Hanna Johnson vs. Kathy Taylor Willamette 6-1, 6-1
5. Tiffany Kam vs. Mariah Armstrong Willamette 6-1, 6-1
6. Alaine Anderson vs. Karin Hayashida Willamette 7-6 (2) 6-3
7. Hannah Mitchell vs. Kathleen Kuehn 6-1, 6-1