Track and Field | Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Willamette Invitational Meet Information and Schedule of Events
WILLAMETTE INVITATIONAL 2005
APRIL 1 & 2, 2005
Steeplechase, 5K/10K races and Hammer will be on Friday evening. Time schedule for these events is subject to change. Revisions will be posted by March 31 at: www.willamette.edu/athletics/trackfield/sched_rslts.htm
TUESDAY, MARCH 29 @ NOON. FINAL SCRATCHES, THURSDAY, MARCH 31 @ NOON. Please fax scratches to Matt McGuirk at 503-370-6379
1) ALL entries must be done at www.directathletics.com
2) Please enter athletes ONLY in events in which they plan to compete. This helps us to put people in the proper heat/flight.
3) ABSOLUTELY NO ADDITIONS AND NO DAY OF MEET ENTRIES.
4) ALL ATHLETES MUST BE COLLEGE AGE OR OLDER. NO EXCEPTIONS.
$150.00 per team or $15 per person for unlimited events. Make checks payable to Willamette University. Please notify all open/unattached/club athletes of entry procedure.
Weigh-ins prior to each event. Report to Hammer facility at 1850 Oxford SE for Hammer weigh-in and McCulloch Stadium for all other events. Bring M/W hammers at same time.
1. Athletes will have four (4) throws & four (4) horizontal jumps.
2. There will be no finals.
3. All efforts will be measured.
4. Athletes report directly to field event areas 15 minutes before competition.
5. Starting heights 4'6"/5'10" High Jump and 7'/12' Pole Vault.
1. Report to start of running event when announced.
2. Distance races will receive finish cards and will be asked to report back to clerk after finishing. All races 800m and longer will wear numbers.
3. Heats/lane assignments determined by entry (verifiable) times.
4. All athletes must run in their assigned lanes/heats. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. Will be posted as they become available.
2. Available on-line at: http://www.run-down.com/bearcats. Click on Track Schedule.
1. Report directly to 1850 Oxford SE (behind the Math Learning Center)
2. Dressing and shower facilities are available only in Sparks Center on Willamette's main campus. Visiting athletes must provide their own towels. Stadium locker room is off limits to visitors.
3. Training Room/Trainers will be available starting at 9:30 am at McCulloch Stadium.
4. Facility allows 1/4 inch spikes maximum on all track surfaces. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Motel information can be found at www.run-down.com/bearcats
WILLAMETTE INVITATIONAL 2005 TIME
*Subject to change based on final entries. Revisions posted Thursday, March 31 at: www.willamette.edu/athletics/trackfield/sched_rslts.htm
Friday, April 1st
4:00 pm Men’s Hammer (Women to follow) at 1850 Oxford SE
(Behind the Math Learning Center)
5:00 pm Women’s 3000M Steeplechase
Rolling time schedule Men’s 3000M Steeplechase
based on entries Women’s 5000M - B section (if necessary)
– updated day of meet Women’s 5000M - A section
Men’s 5000M - B section (if necessary)
Men’s 5000M - A section
Saturday, April 2nd
Field Events (4 attempts and no finals in Throws, Long Jump and Triple Jump)
10:30 am Men’s Javelin (Women to follow)
10:30 Noon Men’s Shot Put (Women to follow)
12:00 Noon Women’s Pole Vault (Men to follow)
Men’s Long Jump (Triple Jump to follow)
Women’s Long Jump (Triple Jump to follow)
Women’s High Jump (Men to follow)
12:30 pm Men’s Discus (Women to follow)
Running Events (Women’s events precede Men’s)
12:00 Noon Women’s 4 x 100m Relay
12:15 pm Men’s 4 x 100m Relay
Rolling time schedule based on entries and heats — updated day
of meet 1500M