Men's Tennis | Saturday, April 9, 2005
McMillan Leads bearcats Past Pacific
Forest Grove, OR — Eric McMillan won his third straight singles match, this time playing at No. 4 singles, as he led the Willamette University tennis team to a 5-2 victory over the Pacific Boxers Saturday.
After the Bearcats lost the opening two singles matches, Jeff Hancock, McMillan, Garret Nakamatsu and Reid Snowden swept through the final four singles matches to secure the victory.
In those four straight set victories, the Bearcat men lost a combined four games.
Pacific forfeited all three doubles matches.
Willamette 5, Pacific 2
1. Ben Judson (PAC) def. Andy Frey (WU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Ashten Kawabe (PAC) def. Jeff Garrison (WU) 6-4, 10-5 (10-8)
3. Jeff Hancock (WU) def. Justin Silva (PAC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Eric McMillan (WU) def. Bobby Niimi (PAC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Garrett Nakamatsu (WU) def. Kyle Tomia (PAC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Reid Snowden (WU) def. Jake Croft (PAC) 6-1, 6-2
1. Garrison/Hancock (WU) win by forfeit
2. Nakamatsu/Shaun Mihalick (WU) win by forfeit
3. Garrison/Snowden (WU) win by forfeit