Rowing | Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Andrus Named CRCA First Team All-America for Second Consecutive Year
SALEM, ORE. -- Hilary Andrus (Sr., Chimacum, WA/Chimacum HS) has been selected First Team All-America by the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association (CRCA). The award recognizes the outstanding performances of rowers and coxswains at NCAA Division III institutions.
This is the second year in a row that Andrus has been named All-America. Andrus, who graduated earlier this month with a degree in Math and Spanish, earned many awards during her career at Willamette.
Most recently, Andrus was selected to participate in the Women's Under-23 National Team Camp this summer sponsored by U.S. Rowing. Andrus was selected specifically to be a sculling rower.
She served as a team captain at Willamette this season and was a co-captain in 2008-09. Andrus participated in the U.S. Rowing Women’s National Team Pre-Elite Camp in Indiana last summer. She was named All-Northwest Collegiate Rowing Conference in 2009 and 2010.
At the WIRA Championships this spring, Andrus was a member of the WV4+ that finished in first place and the WV8+ that finished in second place. The WV4+ also finished second at the NCRC Championships.
Including Andrus, nine student-athletes were named First Team All-America and nine student-athletes were named Second Team All-America.
General Requirements for nominating a student-athlete for CRCA post season honors are:
- The student-athlete met all eligibility rules as defined by her institution.
- The student-athlete participated in at least 75% of all races during the current season (all races before and including May 3, 2009)
- The student-athlete rowed at least 75% of the season's races in the varsity boat (all races before and including May 3, 2009)
- The student-athlete was nominated by her institution
- The head coach of the student-athlete's institution was a member in good standing of the CRCA.
- Strength of Schedule
- Regular season record
- End of season regatta results
- Nomination Rank
- Coach's comments
- 2,000-meter ergometer score