Saturday March 29, 2014
- Distance events:1500m, Steeplechase and 5K races, will be contested in the evening.
- The time schedule is subject to change.
Entry Deadline: Monday, March 24 at 5:00 P.M.
- When entering please submit marks that were achieved outdoors during 2014 or 2013
- Without a verified entry mark, you will not be entered into the Willamette Invitational
- Unjustified entry times will be declined without notice.
- Meet management reserves the right to select which entries will be accepted and in which sections entrants will be placed.
- Some speculative marks may be considered, but an email explaining the speculative mark must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The use of speculative marks, is intended to accommodate the freshman athletes who don’t have a mark in TFRRS, athletes returning from injury and/or athletes moving up or down distances.
- Speculative marks will not be considered in the 3000m Steeplechase.
- Speculative marks will only be considered if there is a verifiable comparable mark accompanied by an explanatory email request.
- Coaches should be aware that meet management will apply race formulas and predictors of verifiable distances only.
- Not all entries are guaranteed to be accepted. Check online Wednesday, March 26 for accepted entries.
- Enter only races you plan to run.
- Do not enter more than one distance event
- ie. 5,000m, 3,000m Steeplechase, 1,500m
- At the close of entries on Monday March 24, athletes entered in more than one distance event will be scratched from all events, No Exceptions.
Team Entry Procedures
If you would like your team to be considered for entry into this years Willamette Invitational, please email your request to email@example.com
- All entries must be completed through Direct Athletics.
- Only valid TFRRS marks will be accepted.
- Invited teams can enter athletes from their rosters in Direct Athletics under the meet labeled “Willamette Invitational - COLLEGE TEAMS”.
- Meet management will deny all requests to change an athlete’s status from a team affiliation to unattached after the entry deadline.
Team Entry Fees
- $200 per team, per gender or $20 per entry
- Full Teams: $200 for men and $200 for women
- Partial Teams: $20 per event entry
- Total fee is calculated based on the number of accepted entries, not the number of athletes that ultimately compete.
- Teams can pay entry fee at packet pickup.
- Make checks payable to Willamette University.
Individual Entry Procedures
Individuals who would like to compete in this years Willamette Invitational must send an email to meet management (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request entry and receive final approval.
- Request must be received by Noon on March 24.
- Email must include a link to the proof of performance within the last two years in order to be considered.
- Approved entrants will be given a password to complete online entry for approved events.
- All individual athletes must pay their entry fee online before the deadline.
- Preference is given to collegiate teams and their competing individuals.
- All payments are final.
Email scratches to email@example.com as soon as you know them
- The hammer will be contested at 1850 Oxford St, behind the Math Learning Center.
- The maximum allowable spike length is ¼ inch on all track surfaces.
Field Events: Clerking will take place 30 minutes prior to the start of each event at the event site.
Running Events: Report to the Northeast corner of the Track Shed at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled event time. We may re-seed events based on checked-ins 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. Athletes not checked-in will be scratched.
- Team camps must be in the stands
- The throwing footballs, frisbees, or other objects on the infield is prohibited.
- Non-competitors and fans must remain in the stands.
- Extra traffic becomes a distraction and creates an unsafe environment for competitors and meet management. Please enforce this with your coaching staff, families, and athletes.
Unsportsmanlike behavior or failure to follow procedures by coaches or athletes will result in denial of future entries at Willamette University.
Locker rooms are available only at the Sparks Center on Willamette’s main campus (2 blocks away). Arrangements must be made to use the locker rooms. Stadium locker room is off limits to visiting teams.
Athletic Training Room / Athletic Trainers
Athletic trainers will be available at McCulloch Stadium 90 minutes prior to the start of events. Access to the training room will be from the back side of the stadium, no access from the track. The athletic training room is only for athletes receiving treatment from the training staff.
Results will be posted on the back wall of the stadium as they become available. Live results will be available at live.willamettetrack.com.
All weigh-ins will be at McCulloch Stadium. Implements can be dropped off at the garage door on the south side of the Track Shed.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Women’s javelins, women’s shot puts and men’s discus’ must be dropped off by 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 24 at 5:00 P.M.
- Request for entry must be received by Noon on March 24
- Athletes entered in more than one distance event will be scratched from all events, No Exceptions
- Unsportsmanlike behavior or failure to follow procedures by coaches or athletes will result in denial of future entries at Willamette University