American Association of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
Willamette University is a member of AASHE. With their campus email, students can login to the AASHE website which includes resources and job postings.
Log in and click "create new account" using your campus email address as your username (ex. Jane Smith's AASHE username would be <jsmith>).
- Bearcat Carbon Offset Home Page
- Carbonfund: Reduce what you can. Offset what you can't
- Help fulfill the air travel green initiative when you fly
Cascade Climate Network
Clubs on Campus
Almost every weekend, about 15-20 members of the Alternative Agriculture Community gather at Zena Farm to partake in a variety of farm-related activities. Some of the most common activities include weeding and planting the kitchen garden, harvesting, building protective fences to keep the deer out, and planting cover crops during the winter season. If not getting busily working at the farm, members generally spend their time planning for the upcoming season. Contact Amanda M. McClelland for more information.
The Compost Society
The Compost Society makes weekly trips out to Zena farm to deposit food waste from Willamette University and turn the existing compost piles. After this nutritious compost is generated with much care, the Alternative Agriculture Community utilizes it for their kitchen garden, which in turn provides food back to the Willamette community. Zena farm is critical in this operation because it provides a location for the removed waste, as well as the opportunity to apply the compost to practical use in the nearby gardens. For more information, contact Lea Griggs.
College of Law
The Sustainability Law Program
Discussions will focus on readings provided and compiled by the Northwest Earth Institute, along with some other outside sources. Some topic examples include: green economy, food and agriculture, living simply, and environmental equity.
For immediate help within the Willamette Campus contact Facilities Supervisor Dan Craig at 503-370-6135.
For information related to on-campus recycling visit the Recycling Support page
- Sharecat - Willamette's version of craigslist.
- The Bike Shop at Willamette
- Zip Car program at Willamette has a membership fee of $35 annually. Zip Car members pay one simple hourly or daily rate that includes gas, insurance, maintenance, a reserved parking space, and 180 free miles per trip. For membership information and reservations, visit Zip Car.
- Cherriots Rideshare
- Emergency Rideshare Program Application
- Discounted Bus Passes are available for campus members through Campus Safety
Straub Environmental Learning Center
- Friends of the Straub Environmental Learning Center - Look here for upcoming events!