Departmental Honors are awarded at graduation to a small number of outstanding senior Archaeology majors who have distinguished themselves through the quality of their research and their service to the department. Recipients for this award are chosen by the Archaeology faculty according to a combination of the following criteria:
- GPA of 3.8 or higher in courses taken to meet the requirements of the Archaeology major.
- Completion of at least two 300-level field schools and/or Archaeology-related internships.
- Excellent achievement in the senior capstone course.
- Professional demeanor and reliability; serving as a role model and leader for other students.
- Quality of independent work, including creativity and ambition in pursuing Archaeology-related projects.
- Clear engagement with the program and its activities over the course of the undergraduate degree.
- Potential for future excellence in Archaeology.