Support WU
A-Z Index

2005-2006 CLA Catalog

Quick Links

Jump to a Discipline

Jump to a Specific Course

Willamette University

900 State Street
Salem, Oregon 97301

503-370-6300 voice

Registration and Registration Changes


Students whose applications for admission have been accepted pre-register by sending a list of preferred courses to the Registrar's Office prior to the beginning of the semester, and finalize their registration schedule during an individual appointment with the faculty advisor during orientation.

In the second half of each semester, pre-registration is held for returning students. Academic advising takes place in the two weeks prior to the pre-registration and students then make their course selections (using Web technology) for the following semester.

Registration Changes

Students who wish to make changes in their course schedules after the registration or preregistration period may do so by completing an Enrollment Change (Add/Drop) card. Enrollment Change cards may be obtained from the Registrar’s Office and require signatures from the academic advisor and the professor of the affected courses. Deadlines for adding and dropping courses are listed in the academic calendar. Students are urged to note the deadlines carefully.

Students with physical disabilities or limitations are encouraged to request assistance from the Director of Disability Services prior to course selection/registration if they need accommodations on the day of registration. Relocation of scheduled classes to more accessible rooms and other accommodations are also possible, as necessary.

The normal program at Willamette includes four credits per semester. Each credit is equivalent to four semester hours or six quarter hours. A student may register for up to 4.5 credits without extra charge. A student is considered full time if registered for 3.0 or more credits. A student is considered in good academic standing if he or she is not on academic probation.

Any undergraduate student in good academic standing, who is making normal progress toward an undergraduate degree, is eligible to register for more than 4.5 credits with the concurrence of an advisor. Students not meeting these criteria must petition the Academic Status Committee for approval of an overload. Petition forms are available in the Registrar’s Office.

The University reserves the right to discontinue any class for which the enrollment is insufficient.