If academic performance falls well below expected achievement, a student will be placed on Academic Probation. If placed on probation, the student is:
- Ineligible to participate in varsity athletics;
- Ineligible to hold any campus office;
- Subject to review of his/her financial aid status (if receiving aid from the University) by the Director of Financial Aid;
- Required to follow an academic support program that may include restrictions on curricular and cocurricular activities;
- Subject to eventual dismissal if the academic record continues to be below expected achievement.
Students placed on probation should see their academic advisors as soon as possible in order to review their curricular, cocurricular and extracurricular activities.
It warrants mention that participation in some activities may be restricted even if students are not placed on academic probation. All students serving in elected or appointed positions of leadership are required to maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. Various departments in which students serve are responsible for ensuring that students under their supervision are in compliance with this policy, and if students wish to appeal suspension of leadership activities then they should contact the university faculty or staff member to whom they report.