This half-semester course includes Orientation, five class sessions, five in-pool dives, and an Open Water Weekend.
The complete course schedule will be distributed during Orientation.
All classes must be taken in sequence. If you miss a class, it must be made up before the following class meeting.
- Please bring a swimming suit and towel to all pool sessions.
- Please note that class sessions may not necessarily be twice a week.
- Please note that class start and end times may sometimes vary.
SCUBA courses are conducted in accordance with the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) certification program; PADI's program is the most widely-recognized and respected diving certification in the world.
PADI-certified staff members from HydroSports Dive and Travel conduct all classroom, confined water and open water sessions.
Please note the following:
- The required program fee is $600 each semester. The subsequent benefits of both courses are listed below.
- The program fee is automatically charged to your student account upon registration.
- There is no refund of any or all of the program fee after the first class session.
- Both Beginning and Advanced courses are half-semester courses only; consult the Office of the Registrar course schedule for more information.
- Each student must complete a Medical Statement. Some students may have to seek the advise of a physician prior to engaging in dive activities.
- Students are encouraged to review the Activity Course Policies and Regulations.
The $600 program fee includes the following benefits:
Students will be provided with:
- Open Water Diver Manual, or Advanced Open Water Diver Manual, log book pages and Recreational Dive Planner.
- Free six-month subscription to Dive Training Magazine.
- PADI Open Water Certification Card (Beginning) or PADI Advanced Open Water Certification Card upon successful completion of the class.
- Meals, transportation, lodging, beach fees and air fills on the scheduled Open Water Training Weekend, held in Hoodsport Washington.
All Rental SCUBA Equipment required for the class will be provided, including:
- Buoyancy Compensating Device (BCD)
- Regulator with complete Console, power inflator hose and Alternate Air Source
- Tanks and Air
- Pool Wet suit if needed
- Pool Weight Belt
- Open Water Wet suit
- Open Water Weight belt
- Gear box
- Boots, Gloves and Hood
- any other equipment necessary to meet safety and training standards