Eligibility and Selection
All students who will be returning to Willamette for the Fall semester are eligible and encouraged to apply.
The application procedure consists of the following steps:
- Attend the Collaborative Research Forum on October 30, 2012 to hear presentations by faculty members who are interested in mentoring and collaborating with student researchers in the summer of 2013. Note: brief statements of faculty members’ research interests will also be available in early October at the Faculty Profiles section of the LARC website.
- Before November 7, contact one or more faculty members who presented at the Research Forum to discuss possible research topics of mutual interest.
- Once you decide to apply for a spot in LARC, you will submit your application directly to the participating faculty member with whom you would like to work. (Note: each faculty member will design his or her own application process.)
- If you are selected by a faculty member to participate in LARC, there will be additional materials you will need to provide by the final application date of December 7. (See Research Community Application page for more details.)
- Awardees will be announced in mid-January.
For more information, download the Student FAQ.