Summer 2011 Events
- Assistant Professor Erin McNicholas gave a talk on Graph Invertibility at Carleton College's Summer Mathematics Program for Women Symposium on July 1, 2011. Two Willamette math majors have taken part in this summer program designed to encourage and support freshman and sophomore women interested in mathematics.
- Associate Professor Inga Johnson participated in one of the AMS Mathematics Research Communities on Computational and Applied Topology in Snowbird, Utah on June 19-25.
- Assistant Professor Kathyrn Nyman was an invited participant in the Algebraic Combinatorixx workshop held at the Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery from May 22-27, 2011. The goal of the workshop was to increase and strengthen the participation of women in algebraic combinatorics and related fields of research.
- Associate Professor Inga Johnson participated in the Workshop on Inquiry Based Learning at the University of Michigan from May 21-25, 2011.
- Assistant Professor Erin McNicholas gave an invited talk on the Rubik's Cube Group at Western Oregon University on May 19, 2011.