Professor Felker joined Willamette University in 2005 after teaching in the Division of Social Sciences at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology and as a visiting faculty member of the Department of Government & Politics at the University of Maryland, College Park. He received his Ph.D. and MPA from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs at Princeton University, and his B.A. from the University Professors Program at Boston University. He teaches courses in Asian and International Politics, including the politics of development and macro-social change, technology, globalization, and international relations and political economy, and has published in these fields. From 2007-2009 he served as Chair of the Malaysia / Singapore / Brunei Studies Group of the Association for Asian Studies.
- Ph.D. - Princeton University
- MPA - Princeton University
- B.A. - Boston University
- Politics 218- Politics in the Developing World
- Politics 326W - Globalization & Equity
- Politics 374 - Asia and the International System
- Politics 380 - Asian Politics & Development
- Politics 480W - Senior Thesis
- “Malaysia’s Development Strategies: Governing Distribution-through Growth” in M. Weiss, ed. Routledge Handbook of Contemporary Malaysia, London: Routledge, 2014.
- “Post-Nationalist Industrialization in Southeast Asia: Characteristics, Origins and Global Implications” in Mohd Azizuddin M.A. et al, eds. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on International Studies, Sintok: UUM Press, 2013.
- "Credibility and the search for a new development model" in New Mandala - Malaysia after regime change, http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2012/05/26/malaysia-after-regime-change-greg-felker/ 2012.
- “The political economy of Southeast Asia's techno-glocalism" in the Cambridge Review of International Affairs, Vol. 22, No. 3, 2009.
- “The Political Economy of Southeast Asia” in M. Beeson, ed. Contemporary Southeast Asia: Regional Dynamics, National Differences 2 nd edition;, London: Palgrave MacMillan, 2008.
- “Southeast Asia and Globalization: The Political Economy of Illiberal Adaptation”, in E. Kuhonta, T. Vu, D. Slater, eds. Southeast Asia and Political Science: Theory, Region, Method , Stanford U. Press, 2008.
- “Technology Policy in Malaysia”, with Jomo K.S., the International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development Vol. 1, No. 2, 2007.
- “Investment Policy in Malaysia” with Jomo K.S., in Jomo K.S., ed. Industrial Policy in Malaysia , Singapore: Singapore University Press, 2007.
- “Southeast Asian Industrialism and the Changing Global Production System”, in K. Jayasuriya, ed. Asian Regional Governance , London: Routledge, 2004.