2015 Opening Days Leader Job Description
We encourage you to attend one of two OD leader information sessions (information, Q&A, and light refreshments) on Monday, January 26th at 7 p.m. in the Hatfield Room or Thursday, January 29th at 11:30 a.m. in Cone Chapel. This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about the position and have your questions answered.
Opening Days leaders will participate in three (3) training sessions during spring semester, referred to as spring training, unless they are abroad.
All trainings will be held on the following dates:
|March 18||Returner Meeting||5-6:30 p.m.|
|March 19||New Leader Orientation||7-8:30 p.m.|
|April 2||All-staff Spring Training||7-8:30 p.m.|
|April 9||All-staff Spring Training||7-8:30 p.m.|
Opening Days leaders must also be available from August 16-24, 2015, for fall training and the Opening Days program. During this time, the responsibilities outlined in this job description must be the top priority of Opening Days leaders.
Meals August 16th (starting with lunch) - August 24th
- Opening Days Coordinator
- Opening Days Leadership Team
- Student Activities Professional Staff
- Commitment to full participation throughout Opening Days training and program. This commitment includes attendance at all Opening Days activities, whether or not you are coordinating that particular activity.
- Thoroughly prepare small group sessions with your co-leader. Facilitate these sessions with new students regarding academics, student life, registration procedures, adjustment to Willamette, etc.
- Participate actively on Opening Days committees and in the planning of scheduled events. Complete all tasks assigned by Opening Days leadership team or Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Assist new students with academic advising and registration by explaining the different academic requirements and guiding them through the process.
- Communicate with your Opening Days group throughout the summer to personally welcome them to Willamette and answer any questions they may have.
- Other duties that may be assigned by Opening Days Coordinator, Leadership Team, or Student Activities staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, faculty, and students.
- Successful clearance of a conduct record inquiry by the Office of Residence Life.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 during employment.
- Serve as a role model to other students, upholding Willamette University’s Standards of Conduct and other stated policies.