Jobs & Internships
Our most frequently asked question is "how do I find a job?" The answer is the same for everyone whether looking for on-campus jobs, internships, summer, part-time or full-time jobs.
You start by following this simple list - the "must-do" list - to find job openings.
- You need to do these eight things at a minimum.
- Start with #1 and don't quit until you get through #8.
Watch our Job Search Strategies video:
Please take 5 minutes to watch this popular video before you start clicking around the listing sites because you will be able to create a smarter strategy after you see it
There are several programs that can help you succeed in the job search.
- JobCat - internships, part-time, full time, work study and campus jobs, etc.
- CareerBeam - thousands of companies and organizations are listed.
- Alumni Compass - a contact list of alumni who are willing to talk to you about your career, relocation, and provide advice. (Note Juniors and Senior may register here. Freshmen and Sophomores will need to access through the Career Center office.)
- LinkedIn - the #1 internet site used by employers to source job seekers. Be sure to fill out your profile completely, add a professional photo and join networking groups.
Willamette students and alumni have found these links to be useful in the job search: