Work Order Charges
Why do we get charged on some work orders and not others?
Facilities Management is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Academic and Residential Buildings, as well as their associated infrastructures (mechanical, electrical and plumbing). Below are some examples of what your department might get charged labor, materials or both for:
- Purchasing installing and repairs to department specific equipment, furnishings or property.
- Relocation of furniture or equipment that is not part of a renovation or capital renewal project.
- Requests for relocation or installation of HVAC equipment or controls, electrical outlets, switches, lighting, lighting controls, etc, that are not part of a renovation or capital project.
- Requests for painting or refinishing that are not due to condition, age, routine maintenance or graffiti removal and not part of a renovation or capital renewal project.
- Request for carpet or flooring replacements that are not due to condition, age or routine maintenance and are not part of a renovation or capital renewal project.
- Purchasing, installing or repairing cabinets, office furniture, partitions, shelving, keyboard trays, etc. that are not part of a renovation or capital renewal project.
- Hanging pictures, plaques, signs, banners, wind dancers, etc.
- Replacement or installation of window treatments such as blinds, shades, draperies, valances, tinting, et. that are not direct replacements for existing window treatments. Any requests due to space use changes, technology upgrades, or teaching methods will be borne by the requesting department.
- Repairing excessive damage caused by occupants.
- Any departmental requests for building or structural modifications, renovations and remodels. (These requests must be directed to Facilities Managment with the appropriate project request forms and documentation.)
- Door lock function changes, rekeying, or cutting of keys per departmental request and not part of a renovation or capital renew project.
- Rekeying that is a result of lost or stolen keys.