How to Use Your Student Health Insurance Plan
Before you visit a provider (doctor, hospital, pharmacy, specialist) read your Student Health Plan brochure to find out what steps to follow before seeking medical treatment.
- Step 1
- Understanding the guidelines of your Plan may prevent you from paying unexpected out-of-pocket fees.
- Step 2
- Be sure to present your Student Health Insurance Card when visiting a Medical Provider. (Go to www.aetnastudenthealth.com enter Willamette in the purple box on the right. On the right side you will see Print Your ID Card. You will need to enter your Willamette Student ID number and Date of Birth).
- Step 3
- Confirm if the Medical Provider is an In-Network Preferred Provider or a private physician. You can find an in-network provider by Finding a Doctor, Hospital or Pharmacy.
- Step 4
- If you are being treated by an In-Network Provider, your claim will automatically be submitted to the Plan by the Medical Provider. If you are being treated by an Non-Network Provider, ask how your claim will be filed with the Medical Provider. The Provider may require you to pay immediately. If the Provider does not file the claim directly with Aetna Student Health, then you must file the claim by submitting an itemized bill after treatment to Aetna. Your name, Aetna ID Number and Willamette University should be written clearly on all medical bills. Attach the bills to an Aetna Medical Claim Form. Always retain copies for your records.
- Step 5
- Payment on filed claims for covered expenses will be mailed directly to the hospital or doctor unless proof of payment is submitted with the claim.
- Step 6
- Once a claim is processed, an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Statement will be mailed to you explaining the benefit paid to the Provider. The Provider will then send you a statement indicating if a balance is due.
- Step 7
- If you have prescriptions take them along with your insurance card to a Preferred Pharmacy. If you are in a situation where you do not have your card and end up paying cash you can submit the receipt along with an Aetna Rx claim form for consideration.
Customer Service Inquires
All customer Service inquires, including Provider network questions can be directed to:
- Aetna Student Health by calling 855-546-5418 or
- Staff at Bishop Wellness Center are available as well to assist you at email@example.com or call 503-370-6972