Health and Dental Plans
If you have experienced a life event change (also called a qualifying event) recently, you may need to make changes to your benefits package, or even consult the IRS in case of a necessary change in status. For information on life event changes, consult our guide: What is a life event?
Pioneer Educator's Health Trust
The Pioneer Medical and Dental plans are administered by Regence BlueCross Blue Shield and provide more flexibility and freedom than a traditional Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan. This plan does have a network of providers but no primary care physician is required. You are allowed to self-refer to any preferred provider (even a specialist) and remain in-network. Out-of-network care is covered but will cost more.
- Thinking About Regence? -Learn more about the large network of doctors, web tools, and discounts
- What is covered in my Pioneer Medical Plan? (Includes Vision, Rx and Alternative Care)
- What is covered in my Pioneer Dental Plan?
- Formulary (Covered Drugs) - View the list of drugs that have been approved.
- How do I refill my prescriptions? - Find out all of the ways you can refill your prescription.
- Oregon & Washington Provider Search
- Nationwide Provider Search
- Worldwide Provider Search
- Pioneer Health Summary Plan Document
- Pioneer Dental Summary Plan Document
- Notice of Privacy Practices for Pioneer Plans
- Annual Letter from Board of Trustees
With Kaiser as your health insurance plan your coverage includes medical services and providers within the Kaiser Permanente network. You will choose a primary care physician who will be responsible for your health care, making referrals to specialists and approving additional medical treatments. There is a significant reduction in out-of-pocket costs as you will pay a flat co-payment for the medical services received. Care received from a physician outside the network is not covered unless you are traveling or in the case of an emergency.
- Thinking about joining or want to learn more about Kaiser Permanente? - Watch a quick video to discover what kinds of services they offer their members.
- New To Kaiser Permanente? - Everything you need to get started is right here.
- What is covered in my Kaiser Medical Plan? (Includes Vision, Rx and Alternative Care)
- What is covered in my Kaiser Dental Plan?
- Alternative Care Flyer
- Alternative Care Provider Search
Phone: 503-813-2000 (local), 800-813-2000 (out of area)
Group #: 02014
For help selecting the right plan for your needs, check out our rates and plan comparisons:
April 2015 - March 2016 Plan Year
April 2014 - March 2015 Plan Year