Willamette University strives to provide a community where students, faculty, staff and others learn, live, educate and work together in an environment free of all forms of harassment, exploitation, intimidation and discrimination. Harassment, as a form of discrimination, is demeaning to all persons involved, and subverts the mission of the University. Willamette Human Resources is committed to providing educational resources to help community members increase their awareness of harassment in all its forms.
In its efforts to ensure a harassment-free environment, Willamette complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972. Following are links to Willamette's policies and procedures related to harassment, non-discrimination, and Title IX:
The Human Resources office offers education for the prevention of harassment in three formats:
Our online web-based format provides convenience and is comprehensive in its coverage of this difficult subject matter. The program is formatted in varied ways to accommodate all audiences. The supervisor/faculty module takes about 40 minutes to complete, and the staff and student modules take about 30 minutes. An opportunity to evaluate your comprehension of the information presented appears at the end of the program. Results are generated immediately and once you achieve proficiency, your successful completion of the program is automatically transmitted to Human Resources. A certificate is made available for you to print and keep for your records.
To access required web-based training, go to WISE. Login, and select "WU Orientation" from the drop-down menu at the top of your workspace and click "Join".
First-time users must follow these instructions to access WISE:
1) On the Willamette University Web site, click the "STAFF" tab in the gold bar at the top of the page.
2) Click the "WISE" tab at the top of the "Staff" page.
3) Click the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the WISE page and enter your WU ID and Password.
4) At the top of the WISE page, click the "My Workspace" tab, go to "Membership" and click "Joinable Sites"
5) In search-bar type "WU Orientation" and click "Join"
6) In the left-nav, select "Title IX Mandatory Reporting" and "Preventing Sexual Harassment" sequentially taking both of these mandated courses.
Video Education Library
At your request, you may access our DVD video library for harassment education. The DVD video program is offered on site in our Training and Development Office. Please contact us to set up an appointment.
- Sexual Harassment: A Commonsense Approach - Manager's Version
- Sexual Harassment: A Commonsense Approach - Employee's Version
- Sexual Harassment: A Commonsense Approach - Employee's Version in Spanish
We are available for on-campus, departmental harassment workshops for teams. Managers may request a consult for in-department education by contacting us to set up an appointment.