Tutoring Program FAQs
- How can I get a tutor?
- How can a tutor help me?
- How do I become a tutor?
- What if I need more tutoring time than 2 hours per week?
- How do I enter my hours for tutoring?
- I’m having trouble logging into payroll.
- Other Questions or Concerns?
Please click on the navigation link titled “Tutor Request.” There you will find a form to fill out. Once you submit the form, your professor will be contacted for recommendations about possible tutors. This process usually takes a week, although it may take longer depending on the amount of time it takes your professor and the potential tutors to respond. When a tutor has been found you will be alerted by e-mail and given the tutor’s e-mail address so that you may contact that person to set up a tutoring schedule.[back to top]
Tutors provide a wide range of services. They can explain difficult concepts or listen and provide feedback as you explain your understanding of such concepts from class or readings. They can serve as a study-partner in reviewing material from class. They may also share their own effective strategies for note-making, studying, writing essays, and preparing for class.[back to top]
Please click on the sidebar link titled “Tutor Application.” There you will find a form to fill out. If a student requests help in your area of expertise you may be selected to tutor that student. When this happens you will be alerted by e-mail and given the student’s e-mail address so that you may contact them to set up a tutoring schedule.[back to top]
Under special circumstances we allow for such arrangements. If you feel that your circumstances justify the need for more tutoring contact email@example.com.[back to top]
- Complete the required forms with the Student Payroll Office.
- Log into JASON.
- Once you're in JASON there should be a category labeled "Time Sheet for Students." Under this category select the link that says "Time Sheet Entry".
- Now a screen should appear titled "time sheet entry". On this page you should be able to select your tutoring job by selecting the dot to the left of that job. Next you should be able to select the appropriate pay period by choosing from the drop down selection. Select the appropriate job and pay period and then hit continue.
- Now a page titled "time card entry" should appear. Please fill in your hours from the drop down menus. Next to each time you worked type the first and last name of the student you tutored in the description box. When you have finished click the save button at the bottom of the page.
- Now another page titled "Time card entry" will come up and the hours you entered will be there for you to review. If you find an error go back and change it. DO NOT hit the finished button.
- Hitting the finished button sends your hours in for the month and once you hit the finished button you will not be allowed to send in any more hours for that pay period. Only hit the finished button once you have added all the hours that you will be working for a pay period. If you are not finished for the pay period you can still enter and save hours as instructed above, just remember not to hit the finished button and instead simply exit out of the window once you have completed step 5.
Follow this link: If you’re having trouble logging onto Payroll.
If you’re having trouble logging onto Payroll; follow this dichotomous key.
1. Check it now. Did it work?
No.........................go to #2.
2. Have you worked on campus before?
Yes........................go to #3.
No..........................Make sure you filled out the necessary paper work at payroll in Waller Hall. If you did, move on the #3.
3. Have you tried following the instructions for how to enter your pay hours?
Yes.........................go to #4.
No..........................Go back to the FAQ page on the CLA Dean’s Office Tutoring website and select the link under the question “How do I enter my hours for tutoring?”. Then follow the steps enumerated there. If this doesn’t help you, please move onto #4.
4. E-mail <clatutor> with the specifics of your problem and we’ll work on figuring it out.[back to top]
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.[back to top]