Classics Writing and Grammar
Includes drills for the four major parts of speech:
- Nouns: 10 declension types (5 declensions with gender & i-stem variations)
- Pronouns: personal, reflexive, interrogative, relative, intensive, demonstrative
- Adjectives: first and second declension, third declension, irregular
- Verbs: all forms of indicative and subjunctive moods for regular verbs and select irregular verbs (fero, sum, eo, possum, volo)
- Nouns & Pronouns
- Case & Function
- Gender & Number
- Adjectives & Adverbs
- Declensions & Conjugations
- Verbs: An Introduction
- Tenses: Past, Present & Future
- Moods & Other Verb Form Types
- Voices: Active & Passive
- Person & Number
Paradigm charts structured in traditional format. Sample vocabulary words for drills are presented in full dictionary listing form with meaning (and chapter number for text versions).
Facility allows for optional recording and printing of scores for accountability. (http://www.centaursystems.com/)[Hide Text]
Gramma is a set of handy drills for those studying the Ancient Greek language. It is pre-loaded with vocabulary from Athenaze (Oxford University Press), Reading Greek (Cambridge University Press), A New Introduction to Greek (Harvard University Press), Groton 's From Alpha to Omega (Focus), and Hansen & Quinn's Greek: An Intensive Course.
The package includes three sections. First, there is a vocabulary drill which allows the user to set several useful parameters before starting a drill: the word list range, number of items per drill, percentage of items presented in English or Greek. If drilling English to Greek, you can request that the program note missing diacriticals . When working from Greek to English, if the answer is not an exact match, the program will present the full definition and allow the user to give herself credit if she believes her answer is close enough. A running record is kept so that future drilling can concentrate on demonstrated weaknesses.
The second section drills virtually all the inflected forms of substantives ( nouns, pronouns, and adjectives ). The main option is whether to parse forms that are presented or create forms that fit a set of given, grammatical specifications. The vocabulary can be chosen either by chapter (for Athenaze users) or by checking off individual words (from the complete Athenaze list). The third section works much the same way for verbs. (http://www.centaursystems.com/)[Hide Text]
Biblical Hebrew brings together all of the elements necessary for self study at your own pace. It helps you to learn Hebrew while studying 26 unaltered Biblical texts of increasing length and complexity. It includes supplemental information related to the texts studied, including a general introduction to each group of verses, discussion of the history of the language, presentation of the Biblical entities cited, and a Biblical atlas.
- Biblical History and Geography: provides background information about Biblical geography, history and culture; has a Biblical atlas, descriptions of leading Biblical figures, summaries of the books of the Bible, and more
- Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary: instant translation of all words that appear in the text
- Dictionary: Hebrew-English dictionary contains over 1000 words
- Comprehensive Exercises: complete set of grammar and language lessons for each unit
- Audio dictionary
- Interactive exercises
- Comprehensive grammar tutorial
BIBLE (TANACH) AUDIO
The Law, the Prophets and the Writings are available on 4 CDs in MP3 format, narrated by Shlomo Bertonov.
The Hebrew Bible reading tutorial CD is available as well, narrated by Uri Harel.
- A great tool for practicing reading Hebrew
- A wonderful narration for meditation
- Crystal clear sound quality
- Proper Hebrew accent narrated by an native Israeli
- Professional diction and emphasis of words and syllables
- 2 speed reading in one CD
- A real taste of Biblical Hebrew