The Office for Faculty Research and Resources (OFFRR) promotes faculty professional development by helping faculty members secure external grants and awards for their research, scholarship, artistic creation and performance, and teaching.
Since OFFRR's inception in 2005, more than 100 Willamette faculty and staff members in the College of Liberal Arts and Graduate School of Education were nominated for or submitted 436 proposals resulting in nearly $12 million in external grants and awards.
What We Do
- Assist individual faculty members or groups of faculty in the design and development of research projects and curricular initiatives;
- Identify possible sources of funding for faculty research and curricular initiatives;
- Publicize funding opportunities for faculty research and teaching programs;
- Assist individual faculty members and groups of faculty in preparing proposals;
- Assist faculty members in post-award administration and reporting.
Services & Functions
- Faculty Research Development
- Funding opportunity research
- Targeted funding alerts
- Obtain and prepare application forms
- Interpretation of agency guidelines
- Editing Proposals
- Budget development
- Liaise with funding agencies
- Obtain authorizing signatures
- Electronic submission
- Award negotiation
- Post-award tracking
- Grant announcements and publicity