Accepted to Study Abroad
Complete Accept/Decline Form, Pay Deposit ($300)
FOR 2014-2015 PROGRAMS- DEADLINE: TBD
Complete and return the WHITE original of the Accept/Decline form to the Office of International Education- you keep the YELLOW copy. You received this form with your Acceptance letter.
Pay the deposit at the Cashier's window in Waller Hall. Make checks out to "Willamette University". Contact the Cashier's office (503-370-6104) if you want to inquire about other forms of payment. DEPOSIT POLICY: Coming soon.
Understand the Cost Information for Your Program
Review all cost information on the Willamette Sponsored Programs Cost Matrix found on the OIE website. Please note the first page's explanation of costs related to all programs before looking for information about your program.
Apply for Ainsworth International Scholarship
Only students approved for WU Sponsored Study Abroad summer 2013 or during the academic year 2013-2014 are eligible. Please see application for specific eligibility information. APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBD.
Study Abroad Timeline/Checklist
This checklist will help you know what to expect over the next three to four semesters and you prepare to study abroad, go abroad, and return home.
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Summer 2013
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Fall 2013
- Download the checklist if studying abroad for the academic year 2013-2014
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Spring 2014
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Fall 2012
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Spring 2013
- Download the checklist if studying abroad for the academic year, 2012-2013
Pre Departure Forms
Pre Departure Forms will be included in your Acceptance Packet, see your acceptance materials and/or Study Abroad Checklist for pick-up and due dates.
For 2013-2014 programs
Spring 2014 students: These forms were in your ACCEPTANCE PACKET. DUE to the Office of International Education Monday, September 16 5:00 p.m.
- Emergency Contact Information and Photo
- Health Information Student Self-Assessment
- 2 DOCUMENTS: Off-Campus Study Authorization/Release Agreement AND Standards of Conduct
- Office of Student Accounts - Release (return this form to Office of Student Accounts, Waller Hall)
- Health Insurance Information (DUE 10/11/2013)
Download the Study Abroad Handbook. The Handbook is in Adobe PDF format. The Study Abroad Handbook distributed by the Office of International Education to each student before his/her General Pre-departure meeting. The handbook contains a lot of useful information - this book is a must-read! The handbook starts with organizational tools, includes tips on how to prepare and ends with advise on how to have a successful return to Willamette.
- Study Abroad Handbook Spring 2014
- Study Abroad Handbook Fall 2013 and Year 2013-14
- Study Abroad Handbook Spring 2013 (There are some blank pages where resource articles are missing, however, they are present in the printed materials each student received.)
- Study Abroad Handbook Fall 2012 and Year 2012-2013 (There are some blank pages where resource articles are missing, however, they are present in the printed materials each student received.)