With its 160,000 inhabitants, Aalborg is now Denmark's fourth largest city and one of the most important trade and industrial centers in the country. From Aalborg, it is not far to the white beaches of the North Sea, to the forest of Rold, the lovely Rebild Hills or the slopes of the Jutlandic Ridge. Aalborg University is a medium sized university with about 13,000 students including about 300 international students.
AcademicsAt Aalborg University students take part in International Cultural Studies and participate in a project theme. Read more about the different project learning approach on the International Cultural Studies website. Content classes are taught in English and students have the option of taking one Intensive Danish Language course. Recommended majors include: Anthropology, Politics, Rhetoric and Media Studies, Economics, and History. Investigate course information on the ICS website.
Students live in the Danish version of residence halls called kollegium. Accommodations are typically a single room with a kitchen and bath or shared kitchen and bath.
DatesThe Aalborg program is available during either fall or spring semester. Fall semester starts in September and end in late December; spring semester starts in February and ends late June.
CostPlease see the Willamette Sponsored Programs Cost Matrix for detailed explanation of the cost of each program. More information about expected expenses at Aalborg can be found on the ICS website. If considering the program in Aalborg talk to an OIE advisor about the Danish Residency Permit application in your advising session.
- Aalborg University
- International Cultural Studies (ICS) at Aalborg
- ICS Courses
- International Students at Aalborg
- Student Life at Aalborg
- Expected expenses information
- Student Residency Permit Information can be found on two websites: the New to Denmark page and the Consulate General of New York page. (Although you are encouraged to research the application process, do not start this process until advised by the OIE)
- Application to Aalborg (do not complete this application until instructed by the OIE)
- Northwest Danish Foundation Scholarship
- Danish News
- Embassy of Denmark: historical and government information
- CIA World Factbook
- Lonely Planet Guide