Dunedin, New Zealand
Dunedin sits in a natural harbor on the south end of the southern most island of New Zealand. WU students will study at the University of Otago. UO is about a 10 min walk from downtown Dunedin. The University of Otago is New Zealand’s oldest university and is a large part of the Dunedin community. All Willamette students will participate in a Maori cultural excursion while in New Zealand. Students will spend a weekend with a Maori community learning about the way of life of the indigenous group.
There are a wide variety of courses available at the University of Otago. All majors are recommended for this program. More course information.
Students will live in nearby university flats with other UO students.
The Dunedin program is available during either Fall or Spring semesters. The Fall semester starts in the beginning of July and ends mid November, Spring semester starts mid February and ends late June.
Please see the Willamette Sponsored Programs Cost Matrix for detailed explanation of the cost of each program. New Zealand requires that all international students purchase a specific type of insurance. This cost is included in the cost paid to Willamette University.
- Pre-arrival information for international students
- Average living costs at U of Otago
- Otago Application Process (do not complete until instructed by the OIE)
- Housing information and application (do not complete until instructed by the OIE)
- Healthcare, including insurance information
- Local News
- Local Weather
- Embassy of New Zealand: historical and government information
- CIA World Factbook
- Lonely Planet Guide