Community and Council
Explore this site and get to know your Community Mentors and the Kaneko Council
- Kaneko Council
- Community Mentors
- Kaneko Committees
- For Council: Program Evals
- New to Kaneko? Download "The Book"
- Kaneko Events Calendar
- Kaneko Summer Mini-Grants
Please email questions, comments, or concerns to email@example.com.
Self Governance - Sustainability - Japanese Heritage - Community Service
Providing living spaces for over 350 students in the form of:
All living spaces have air conditioning and many are equiped with private bathrooms. There is a fantastic cafeteria, laundry amenities, and a ton of places to study and hang out.
The Kaneko Themes
- Sustainability: The commons strongly emphasizes sustainability, which is reflected in the building’s LEED Gold certification.
- Japanese Heritage: Kaneko Commons collaborates and shares spaces with Tokyo International University of America (TIUA).
- Community Service: Committees of Kaneko student leaders organize regular service opportunities for Kaneko residents in the local community.
Programs and Learning
The Commons were designed in a way that allows students of all different levels of experience to learn from one another and study together. Kaneko has a large programming budget that is distributed entirely at the discretion of the Commons Council, which is elected by residents of Kaneko. This budget can be used to make almost anything happen, from pool parties and pizza to hall trips to Blazer games - even building things like our new gas BBQ and firepit. All Kaneko residents are invited to attend council meetings or work with their Wing Correspondent and Community Mentor to make programs happen.