Kaneko Summer Mini-Grants Program
The Kaneko Summer Mini Grants provide funding to Willamette students who are seeking to experience a summer opportunity focusing on at least one of the following categories.
- Education and Awareness around Sexual Assault or Alcohol & Drugs
- Service & Community Development
- Wellness and Nutrition
Students who receive a mini grant will be expected to plan and implement a program in Kaneko around one of these six categories. Kaneko Council and other Kaneko Committees can be of use for advertising and volunteers, but the students who receive the mini grants will be expected to lead and plan their programs.
All Willamette students are encouraged to apply, though preference will be given to Kaneko residents. At the conclusion of Kaneko program implementation, all grantees must file a detailed program evaluation.
- Program Evaluations are due within 2 weeks of the date of the Kaneko program. However, grantees are encouraged to report as soon as possible after implementing the project.
- Program Evaluations must include how the money was spent and provide evidence of achievement of project objectives. Grantees must discuss the impact they had and how they know they had that impact on the Kaneko community. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation forms.
- Up to three or four grants will be given out this year.
- Each grant will be worth $100.00 - $500.00, based on individual proposals and the total number of grants approved.
- Award recipients will be notified within 2 weeks after the application deadline.
All proposals that are received will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- The project fosters community within Kaneko around the specified topic.
- The project helps the Kaneko community achieve the core values of the Commons system.
- Applicant(s) demonstrate the necessary skills and dedication to carry out and complete the project.
- The project is well-planned and will be completed within one semester of the grant award.
- The project includes a detailed budget.
To ApplyThe deadline will be April 30th at 5pm. Applications may be turned in online or to the Kaneko Office. All applications will be reviewed by the Kaneko Summer Mini-Grants Committee. Click here for the online application!
Program Evaluation Form
All award recipients must submit an Evaluation and Report form within 2 weeks of the date of their Kaneko program. Please email email@example.com for the evaluation form.