Parking and Transportation
The University strongly encourages use of alternative and environmentally friendly forms of transportation. For example, students and employees may purchase discounted Salem bus passes, rent an on-campus Zipcar at the special educational rate, or rent a bike at the Willamette Bike Shop.
Parking for personal vehicles is limited and permits are required year-round.
- STANDARD permits ($135/year, $90/spring, $45/summer) are valid in any Standard lot (marked on this map as "Permit Parking Lot"). The purchase and proper display of a current Standard parking permit allows an individual to park in a Standard lot if there is a legal parking space available. The University does not limit the number of Standard permits it sells, and a permit does not guarantee a space.
- RESERVED permits ($420/year) are specific to an assigned Reserved lot or area, and a space is guaranteed; parking in Standard lots is permitted evenings and weekends.
- KANEKO COMMONS RESIDENTS: Reserved parking is available only in the Kaneko parking lot ($350/year); Standard parking is available only in the lot south of the softball field.
- CARPOOL permits ($90/year) are valid in any Standard lot, or in designated Carpool spaces in the Guest/Visitor lot between 7am and 2pm Monday-Friday. Apply here.
- OTHER PERMITS/OPTIONS (call or visit the Service Center unless otherwise noted)
- 5-Use Permit ($10 each) is valid in Standard lots only.
- Discounted bus passes are $20.00 for monthly pass; $240 for annual pass.
- Guest/Visitor Lot is for University-invited guests via online reservation; unreserved spaces can be purchased after 7:00 a.m. for that day.
- Parking Meters on campus are few and very short-term. See the campus map legend.
- Academic Listeners and Gifted Scholars may purchase a permit for the Standard lot south of the softball field.