Spring Break Robotics
March 24 - March 28, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 4: p.m.
Collins and Olin Science Centers
- Beginning Robotics. Design, build and program a robot to race, 'sumo' wrestle and play songs which you compose. Learn and use the Lego Mindstorms robots. Practice and learn computer programming.
- Advanced Robotics. Engineer robots for specific environmental conditions. Program more complex robotic movements, design solutions to problems, build, program, test and revise your solutions. Beginning Robotics is the prerequisite for Advanced Robotics. Exceptions are granted on a case by case basis. Contact Christine for more information regarding exceptions.
- Beginning and Advanced robotics. Both of the above classes.
- Underwater robotics. Explore advanced engineering and programming concepts. Learn to build and program a remotely operated underwater vehicle. Robots get wet; students do not. Advanced Robotics is the prerequisite for Underwater Robotics. Exceptions are granted on a case by case basis. Contact Christine for more information regarding exceptions.
Who can sign up?
4th - 9th grade boys and girls who are interested in robotics, engineering, computer programming. Do you love Legos and wish you could spend all day building with Legos? These classes are for you. Join other curious and creative, intelligent 4th - 9th grade students who like to spend time with similar youth designing solutions to engineering and programming problems. Classes are kept small, 15 students maximum.
Who teaches the program?
Enthusiastic college students with robotics and computer programming experience.
When do the courses meet?
- Beginning robotics. Monday, March 24, Tuesday, March 25 9 am - 4 pm, and Wednesday, March 26, 9 am - noon.
- Advanced robotics. Wednesday, March 26, 1 pm - 4 pm, Thursday, March 27 and Friday, March 28, 9 am - 4 pm
- Underwater robotics. Monday, March 24 - Friday, March 28, 9 am - 4 pm.
What is the cost?
- Beginning Robotics: $100 per student
- Advanced robotics: $100 per student
- Beginning and advanced robotics: $200 per student
- Underwater robotics: $200 per student
Registration is closed until January 2015.
Download, print and read and complete the liability release form and bring it to the first day of class or mail it to the address below on or before March 15, 2014.
Registration deadline is March 17, 2014. If you are unable to register online it means the class is full or the registration deadline has passed. Should you wish to add your name to the waiting list, please email, email@example.com or telephone, 503-370-6513, Christine Speak.
To register by mail, download and print the registration form and the liability release form. Read, complete and mail both the registration and the liability release form with your check made out to Willamette University, to:
Youth Programs Coordinator
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Please contact 503-370-6513 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Scholarships are available when tuition revenue allows. Contact Christine Speak regarding scholarship availability and application procedures.
Like us on facebook!