Enrichment classes at Willamette University
Session I will be held June 24-28 and Session II will be August 5-9. Sign up for one or both sessions.
Classes run 9am-12noon and 1-4pm each day. Students enrolling for two classes will bring their lunch and be supervised for a one hour lunch.
For children in grades 4-8
- Spanish Fundamentals: One week class incorporating basic vocabulary and culture.
- Children's Book Illustration & Creative Writing: Write with interesting prompts and new techniques to get your best ideas down on paper. Bring a story, a character or just an idea and learn illustration techniques to create your own book.
- Beginning Robotics: Use the LEGO Mindstorms system to build and test your own robot
- Advanced Robotics: For 5-8th grade students who have completed the beginning class. Students will learn advanced programming and building techniques for fun competition challenges.
- Underwater Robotics: For students who have taken advanced robotics, this course allows you to create Remotely Operated Submersible Vehicles to explore the ocean floor. Students will learn advanced design and engineering skills with the LEGO mindstorms system. (Vehicles go in the water, students do not.) Only offered during Session II.
- Website Design: Learn html to design your own web site.
For questions, please contact Christine Speak, Youth Programs Coordinator. 503-370-6513. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost & Registration
Each class is $95 and includes all supplies.
To Register Online
To Register by Mail
- Download a registration form and the release form.
Complete the necessary information, and submit to:
Willamette University Awesome Academics
Scheduling, Events and Conferences
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Please make checks payable to Willamette University.