- The primary use of classrooms are for Willamette University classes as scheduled by the Registrar. Classroom reservation requests for regularly occurring semester long academic activities (e.g. University classes, departmental meetings, tutoring sessions, and film screenings) are made through the Office of the Registrar. Arrangements for usage of classrooms for one time academic activities and all other purposes are made through the Office of Scheduling, Events, and Conferences who will verify availability with the Registrar. No Classroom scheduling for non-academic purposes will be confirmed until the academic class schedule is finalized by the Office of the Registrar.
- Requests for use of audio-visual and/or sound amplification equipment and food service information must be submitted on the Willamette Event Scheduling Request form to the Office of Scheduling, Events, and Conferences.
- Changes in furniture arrangement made by the sponsoring group without the express approval of the Director of Scheduling, Events, and Conferences or failure to return furnishings to their regular arrangement if permission is granted may result in the assessment of a labor charge. Under no circumstances may furniture be moved from room to room.
- Room capacities, as determined by the City of Salem Fire Marshall, may not be exceeded.
- In accordance with University policy, smoking or other use of tobacco products is prohibited in classroom buildings.
- Cancellation of reservations for facilities must be made at least two (2) business days prior to the day of the event. If no cancellation is received, full rent will be charged. Category A groups may be denied the use of facilities in the future if they do not cancel reservations at least two (2) business days prior to the day of the event.
- Meetings or events shall begin and adjourn within the time established on the Willamette Event Scheduling Request form.
- With the exception of individually prepared sack lunches, no food or beverages may be brought onto the Willamette University campus. Carry out food and/or beverages purchased at the Cat Cavern Snack Bar, Goudy Dining Commons or Bistro Willamette may be taken to other buildings with the understanding that paper products will be disposed of appropriately by the sponsoring group. The Office of Scheduling, Events, and Conferences must be notified if significant carry out food will be taken to a academic building so arrangements may be made with Housekeeping. Arrangements for catered meals or refreshments are the responsibility of and must be made by the sponsoring group. Bon Appetit Food Service, (503) 370-6711, is the exclusive caterer for Willamette University.
- Willful or careless damage to University property or equipment will result in assessment of cleaning, repair or replacement costs against the responsible individual or group. University staff reserves the right to exclude from the premises individuals whose actions constitute a threat to the safety of others or where actions are likely to impair the condition of buildings or equipment.