Whenever a Willamette individual, department or campus organization sponsors an event on campus, this commits University space and staff time, and may have an impact on other scheduled activities. As a result, sponsors must bear specific responsibilities in relation to their scheduled event.
Sponsors are responsible for:
- Being present at all times during the course of the event to take care of any complications which may arise and take action to alleviate such problems.
- Reserving, with the Office of Scheduling, Events, and Conferences, all space that will be used for the event and making the arrangements with normal users to impose on that space. No other member of the group may make reservations or arrangements.
- Working with the appropriate department, the Office of Scheduling, Events, and Conferences and/or the Registrar to arrange for alternative classrooms if they will be needed.
- Contacting Bon Appetit Food Service if any food or beverage is to be served or catered in a University facility.
- Ensuring that event participants abide by University policies (e.g., no food or beverages in Smith Auditorium).
- Paying the cost of additional equipment and/or staff which may be required for accommodating the event.
- Arranging for chaperones if the age of participants indicates this is necessary.