Direct Deposit of Student Account Refunds
Students who are eligible for a student account refund check can sign up for direct deposit through WebAdvisor. Before signing up for direct deposit please do the following:
- Please read the new Student Receivable Refund Policy (see below).
- Review the instructions for signing up through WebAdvisor.
- Have your bank routing number and account number readily available.
- New students only: Create a network account.
Spring Semester 2013 Refund Schedule
Student Receivable Refund Policy
Refund checks will be processed according to the following schedule:
- Paper refund checks will be processed on the first day of class each semester*. Thereafter, paper refund checks will be processed on Monday each week.
- Direct deposit of student account refunds will be processed three days before the first day of class each semester. Thereafter, direct deposit of student account refunds will be processed on Tuesday and Friday each week**.
*The following are exceptions to the policy concerning student account refunds:
- Students who receive Pell grants and have a credit balance on their student account will receive their refund three days prior to the first day of class each semester. Federal regulations require that funds are made available to Pell grant recipients prior to the start of classes.
- International students are not eligible to sign up for direct deposit of student account refunds. Due to International ACH Transactions rules, Willamette University is prohibited from making direct deposit disbursements to an international student's bank account. Since international students are unable to sign up for direct deposit disbursements, they will be allowed to receive their paper refund check three days prior to the first day of class during fall semester (if they have a credit balance on their student account). Please note that this only applies to fall semester disbursements. International students will not receive their paper refund check three days prior to the first day of class during spring semester.
- Students who have a credit balance on their student account that was generated by a Parent Plus loan cannot receive their student account refund via direct deposit. All student account refunds generated by a Parent Plus loan will be disbursed via paper check.
If you have any questions about signing up for direct deposit or about the Student Receivable Refund Policy please contact the Student Account Office at (503) 375-5308 or email@example.com.