Photo Gallery With Thumbnails
This pagetype allows you to build a gallery with thumbnails.
- What does this look like?
- How do I add this pagetype to my site?
- How do I add images to my photo gallery?
- How do I get thumbnails to show up in my photo gallery?
- How do I set the caption and description for my image?
- How should I resize my images?
[back to top]
- From the New menu in the top of the page, find the 'New Gallery' item for your site.
- Change the System Name to a url appropriate name.
- If necessary, change the Parent Folder to the folder you want the photo gallery page to exist in.
- Click Submit
- Select the 'full' folder in your gallery.
- Import an image from your desktop into the 'full' folder.
- All images in the 'full' folder will be used in the photo gallery.
- For each image in the "full" folder, there must be a corresponding image in the "thumb" folder.
- The System Name (filename) of the image in the "thumb" folder must match exactly that of the corresponding image in the "full" folder.
- Thumbnail images should be 75x75 pixels. See more on Image Sizes.
For each image in the 'full' folder of your gallery, do the following
- Select the image
- Click the Edit tab
- Select Metadata under the Edit tab
The caption(s) for this image is determined as follows
- Display Name: If there is text in the Display Name field, then it is used as the Caption
- Filename (System Name): If Display Name is blank, then the filename, without the extension, (e.g., reunion1) is used as the label. (You can change the System Name, in the System option. **Be sure to unpublish the file before you change the name.)
- Summary: If there is text in the Summary field, then it is used as the description.
- You can use any image editing software that you are familiar with.
- You can use the Photoshop action scripts and instructions we have provided.