Summary: WebEdit will be unavailable overnight Jan. 2–3 while an upgrade to the system is performed. The outage will begin at approximately 6 pm tonight and the application should be available again by mid morning on Friday. This outage will not affect the delivery of web pages, only the ability to update them using WebEdit.
WebEdit will be unavailable beginning at 6 PM on Thursday, January 2nd so that a significant upgrade to WebEdit can be conducted. We expect that WebEdit will become available again by mid-morning on January 3rd. During this time period, WebEdit will not be available to make updates to web pages. This outage will not affect the delivery of web pages, only the ability to update them using WebEdit.
Please accept our apologies in advance for the inconvenience of this outage. More information about the upgrade can be found to the right.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Brian Hoyt (email@example.com, X6517) directly.
Additional Upgrade Information
- Stale Content Dashboard: Provides statistics which pages have not been updated recently
- Relationships Tool: Lists all place where a page/file is being linked or referenced
Interface Changes and Enhancements:
- File Upload: New Drag and Drop action
- Saved User History (between login sessions)
- Drafts: Auto-saves new pages and files, simplified interface for submit/discarding drafts
- Better visibility with Submit button and Version Commenting
More an in-depth overview of the new features, see the What's New section.