- Where can I park?
- Are tickets needed for Commencement?
- How early can we reserve seats?
- Where can I get a good photo of my graduate?
- How long is the College of Liberal Arts Commencement?
- What should parents and guests wear?
- Where should I sit?
- Will the ceremony be filmed?
- Where can we purchase food and beverages on campus during Commencement day?
- Where can we purchase flowers for our graduate?
1. Where can I park?
All Willamette University parking lots are open and available for guests attending Commencement ceremonies except the Visitors Parking Lot (corner of Bellevue and Winter streets), which is reserved for handicapped parking. Guests should also not park in permanent reserved spaces, marked with green signs at the specific parking spaces. Street parking is available free of charge around the perimeter of Willamette University and the State Capitol. [ Parking information ]
2. Are tickets needed for Commencement?
Tickets are not needed for the ceremonies and students are not limited in the number of guests they may bring. However, Willamette does not allow reserved seating prior to one hour before any ceremony.
3. How early can we reserve seats?
Willamette University allows reserved seating one hour prior to any ceremony. One person must remain with their reserved seats at all times.
4. Where can I get a good photo of my graduate?
During Commencement, we ask that family members do not approach the stage to take pictures. The University has contracted with professional photographers from GradImages to take photos of all graduates. These photos capture the moment graduates shake hands with President Thorsett and receive their diploma, along with portrait shots of the graduates as they exit the stage.
GradImages will contact you about your proofs after the ceremony through your school email address. You may pre-register to receive discounts on your pictures by clicking on this link: Willamette Photos
To contact GradImages or learn more about their service, please call (800) 261-2576 or visit http://www.gradimages.com/.
5. How long is the College of Liberal Arts Commencement?
If you are making dinner or airplane reservations, please remember that the ceremony lasts approximately three hours, ending around 6 p.m. In addition, it can take more time than expected for graduates, family members and friends to reunite and exit campus.
6. What should parents and guests wear?
The College of Liberal Arts ceremony is outside under a large tent in the Quad. It is always cooler under the tent than it is outside of the tent. If it is a cool day, you should bring a jacket and perhaps a blanket, especially for senior guests. Most parents and grandparents dress in comfortable business attire.
7. Where should I sit?
8. Will the ceremony be filmed?
A Commencement DVD will be available following Commencement. [ Order online ]
9. Where can we purchase food and beverages on campus during Commencement day?
Bon Appetit caters an elegant and popular brunch available in Goudy Commons from 11:30 – 1:45 p.m. for College of Liberal Arts students and their parents. The Bistro offers coffee and small snacks from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and the Willamette Store offers sodas and convenience store items from 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
10. Where can we purchase flowers for our graduate?
The Willamette Store, located on the first floor of the University Center, sells flowers on graduation day, including leis and roses.