MEd Admission Checklist
To apply for admission to the MAT program, applicants must submit all of the following:
- A Completed MEd Application for Admission
The application, including essays. Download the application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation are required for all applicants and should be completed by persons who have supervised the applicant while working with school-age children or youth. It is essential that all applicants obtain and show evidence of some experience, either volunteer or paid, with youth of an appropriate age before applying to this program. Experience through local schools, churches, the YWCA or YMCA, scouting groups or community centers is vital to the application process and evaluated carefully by the Admission Committee. Download the recommendation form.
- Official Undergraduate Transcript(s)
An official transcript is required from each of the colleges previously attended. (A 3.0 cumulative grade point average is generally the minimum acceptable.) Transcripts for current and former Willamette University students will be automatically requested from the Office of the Registrar. However, the applicant should arrange to have the official transcript sent directly to the GSE Office of Admission if any additional colleges have been attended. If the transcripts you submit for review are received before you graduate, we will need a final, degree-posted transcript.
- Documentation of a teaching license from Oregon or another state
- Evidence of access to a classroom or a group of students for the purpose of conducting a field-based research experience during second year of program